Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Welcome To Diabolical's World!





















Welcome to the official blog of the new low budget horror film, "DIABOLICAL"






I am the film's co-screenwriter and director, Michael Alan Smith. My friends call me Mike. My actors will more then likely call me asshole on set, haha. JK! I keep a light, fun and humorous set. Why not, right? It's not like we're dealing with Dr. Sueuss material, right? This is pretty heavy duty shit here folks! Killings, resurrections, witchcraft etc. You get the picture.


My creative partner in this is playwright & screenwriter Larry Mitchell. He has brought a whole new freshness to the story and have helped me re-develop it for our producers, who I have been getting major kudos about the new script from!

Every step of production I will be hitting you up on the Dblog (D as in Diabolical:) Please check us out on Facebook, MySpace or YouTube. I began writing Diabolical in the summer of 2009. It was a 7 week write. The fastest I had ever finished a script in my life. The story, characters flowed so earily. I wish all my script could of been written so effortlessly. I finished the rough draft in December. Had the second revision done by early January 2010 and was sent out to producers there after. I was contacted by Barbara Troy of Shady Lady Films about two days laters saying she was interested in producing along with her two partners. I was excited to say the least. She asked for some heavy duty revisions. I wasn't sure about how to go about it. As fate would have it, I had also started my own filmmakers group here in Kansas City and that's how Larry Mitchell and I first met. I handed him a script and he read it and told me it would love to collaborate on the new story. We are well into the new script I can confidently say it's head and shoulders better then it was previously. More twists, more turns, more witchcraft and more action!

No comments:

Post a Comment